Fri, Mar 10|
Curious Conversations: Mental Health - 3 Part Series
A Curious Conversation event to cultivate enduring relationships & shape new possibilities while exploring mental health.
Time & Location
Mar 10, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. MST
About the Event
For many, work in the social economy is so much more than a job. It's heart-centred, values aligned, and deeply fulfilling. Yet, passion and purpose do not guarantee positive mental health and wellbeing.
Join us for this three-part conversation where we'll explore mental health in the social economy. Participants will be invited to share observations of the current systems and narratives, as well as the potential levers for change they see for social entrepreneurs, in their work, and in the ecosystem.
Topics for each of the three sessions are as follows:
- Mental Health in the Social Economy. An in-depth look at norms, cultures, and systems in the social economy and their relation to mental health. We’ll explore the weight of the work that we do, and how caring deeply can sometimes take a toll.
- Mental Health in my Environment. An opportunity for observations about how mental health affects teams, organizations, and the work that they do.
- Mental Health in Moving Forward. A look into our ideal future, and the tools and strategies we might use to get us there.
These conversations are part of the Curious Conversations held in partnership between AB Seed and Innovate Calgary. This three-part series will feature guest facilitation from Collectively Tangled, a social enterprise in Calgary that offers mental health training to the innovation sector.
Join us on on Zoom for all 3 days
- Friday, February 10th from 10-11:30 am MST
- Friday, February 24th from 10-11:30 am MST
- Friday, March 10th from 10-11:30 am MST
to gather with community, start an ongoing conversation, and build meaningful relationships with each other.
These conversations, and the events, are highly engaging so please come prepared to be present for the entire time together and able to participate.
There is no cost for participation and anyone working within or alongside the social economy is welcome to attend.
If you choose to join us, we ask that you:
- Arrive 5 minutes early
- Remain fully present during our time together
- Come prepared to listen to, and learn from others
Registration is required. Your registration signs you up for all 3 events. While it is not mandatory to attend all three, it is strongly encouraged to support meaningful dialogue and relationship building.