Wed, Oct 11|
Social Innovation Hub
SEWF23 Alberta Community Hub (Calgary)
Join Innovate Calgary and AB Seed For the Social Enterprise World Forum Alberta Community Hub.
Time & Location
Oct 11, 8:00 a.m. – Oct 12, 4:00 p.m.
Social Innovation Hub, 3553 31 St NW, Calgary, AB T2L 2K7, Canada
About the Event
We invite you to join the Calgary Community Hub of the Social Enterprise World Forum 2023 (SEWF23). This 2-day in-person event will feature a curated selection of SEWF23 session recordings paired with additional activities designed to provide attendees with a chance to connect and collaboratively engage with session topics. The 2023 SEWF focuses on collective action and sustainable change.
What is Social Enterprise World Forum?
SEWF is the flagship event for the global social enterprise community, providing space for purpose-led people, policymakers, philanthropists, intermediaries and entrepreneurs to connect, learn and be inspired. Through SEWF Community Hubs, social enterprises and entrepreneurs can engage with SEWF23 content, network, share ideas and opportunities with each other locally.
SEWF 2023 Themes
- Ecosystems: Increasing opportunities for trade, collaboration and collective action
- Fairness: Ensuring equality and inclusion for all
- Migration: Entrepreneurial solutions for better lives
- New Economy: Putting people and planet first
- Planet: Living and trading within planetary boundaries
What to expect
- An Alberta context and lens to the above themes
- Meaningful dialogue, conversations, and connections
- Inspiring keynotes, panels and fireside chats featuring big ideas and unheard stories
- Networking opportunities
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Exciting swag featuring local social enterprises
About the Social Innovation Hub
The Social Innovation Hub draws upon the expertise, experience, and input of diverse social entrepreneurs, innovators, and partners to re-imagine what innovation means, who an innovator is and how innovation happens.
Guided by this vision to work differently, we connect changemakers with community-led programming, coaching, mentorship, and access to key capital, space and networks to help launch and scale their innovation and impact.