Wed, Oct 11|
SEWF23 Alberta Community Hub (Edmonton)
Join MacEwan University’s Social Innovation Institute and AB Seed For the Social Enterprise World Forum Alberta Community Hub.
Time & Location
Oct 11, 8:00 a.m. – Oct 12, 4:00 p.m.
MacEwan University , 10700 104 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2, Canada
About the Event
We invite you to join the Edmonton Community Hub of the Social Enterprise World Forum 2023 (SEWF23). This 2-day in-person event will feature a curated selection of SEWF23 session recordings paired with additional activities designed to provide attendees with a chance to connect and collaboratively engage with session topics. The 2023 SEWF focuses on collective action and sustainable change.
What is the Social Enterprise World Forum?
SEWF is the flagship event for the global social enterprise community, providing space for purpose-led people, policymakers, philanthropists, intermediaries and entrepreneurs to connect, learn and be inspired. Through SEWF Community Hubs, social enterprises and entrepreneurs can engage with SEWF23 content, network, share ideas and opportunities with each other locally.
SEWF 2023 Themes
- Ecosystems: Increasing opportunities for trade, collaboration and collective action
- Fairness: Ensuring equality and inclusion for all
- Migration: Entrepreneurial solutions for better lives
- New Economy: Putting people and planet first
- Planet: Living and trading within planetary boundaries
What to expect
- An Alberta context and lens to the above themes
- Meaningful dialogue, conversations, and connections
- Inspiring keynotes, panels and fireside chats featuring big ideas and unheard stories
- Networking opportunities
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Exciting swag featuring local social enterprises
About the Social Innovation Institute
As a part of the School of Business and serving all faculties, Social Innovation Institute nurtures powerful community partnerships that guide impact-focused research, scholarship and experiential learning to foster social innovation and entrepreneurship.
A primary focus of the Social Innovation Institute is the transformation of entrepreneurial ecosystems, at the community level, to be more inclusive and impactful.