Tue, May 10|
Spring Reconvene: Social Innovation and Social Finance Engagement
A day of engagement exploring how we might collectively increase the scale and coordination of the social impact of Alberta's Economy.
Time & Location
May 10, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. MDT
Red Deer, 4816 50 Ave, Red Deer, AB T4N 4A3, Canada
About the Event
What if we coordinate our efforts and take ownership over the Alberta Social Enterprise and Social Innovation ecosystem?
Imagine if we grow and strengthen the ecosystem, expanding the success of social enterprises across Alberta. We might increase the understanding of social entrepreneurial models, expand our representation from diverse communities, and collaborate better together.
You are invited to join us for a day of conversation and exploration around bringing these possibilities together.
If you would like to experience
- New connections and expanding networks
- Creative conversations and problem solving that sparks curiosity and excitement
- A feeling of ownership and empowerment over your role and work within the ecosystem
- The opportunity to start meaningful conversations that lead to creative work in the community beyond this event
Please join us, this might be the event for you!!
What the day will look like?
This LIVE, IN-PERSON event will be a highly engaging opportunity for members of the ecosystem to interact and drive the conversation about the social innovation/social finance ecosystem.
Attendees will work together based on topic areas of interest. The morning will provide the opportunity for curiosity and exploration. In the afternoon, all attendees (including you!) have the opportunity to bring your own burning questions, tricky problems you are working on, or experiences you want to unpack with others in the sector. Share or hear thoughtful insights from fellow social impact people.
Who this is for?
Anyone working in this field or towards social change through innovation and entrepreneurship is welcome. We are especially hoping to include the people and groups that are focused on building and contributing at the broader ecosystem level. This includes members of networks, collaborations, capacity builders, intermediaries, and folks working on creating the conditions for the success of this vital work.
If you're an entrepreneur or work directly in an enterprise, you're often thinking about partnerships and what's needed to grow whole sectors or make these models work beyond your organization, please join us!
This event is co-hosted by AB Seed and ABSI Connect.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
- 9:30 to 10:00 - Doors open and registration
- 10:00 to 10:30 - Opening Remarks
- 10:30 to 12:00 - Themed Discussions
- 12:00 to 1:00 - Lunch and Networking
- 1:00 to 1:15 - Regroup
- 1:15 to 2:45 - Burning Questions and Tricky Problems
- 2:45 to 3:15 - Closing Remarks and Intentions
- 3:15 to 4:00 - "One for the Road" Closing Coffee (Optional)